0843 557 5014
Why Might You Need To Call The EE Customer Service Contact Phone Number?
The EE Customer Service Contact Phone Number is available for when you are having problems with their mobile network or device. Here are some of the most common questions people enquire about and their answers:
1. I want to unlock my phone to use another network
- Your EE phone may be locked so that you can only use it on their network. If you want to use a SIM card from another network on the phone, you will need to get it unlocked. To do this, you must be a current customer for at least six months. Call the EE Customer Service Contact Phone Number to find out how to do this.
2. I have lost my phone, what do I do?
- Call the EE Customer Service Contact Phone Number as soon as possible. They will be able to block your phone so that it cannot be used, and they will add a password that you can use to unlock it if it’s found at a later date.
- EE will be able to call you back from a pay phone if you have no other means of getting in touch. They can also call a parent, friend, colleague or partner for you if you need to get in contact with someone urgently.
3. Can I Use My Phone Abroad?
- When you go abroad, you should be able to use your EE phone in exactly the same way you use it at home. However, for some networks, you will have to manually switch from 4G to 3G in order to choose a network to connect to. EE can provide you with a list of the networks that your phone should connect to in each particular country.